Maybeck prepared this single-story, wood-frame and shingled classroom building just before the college students came to Elsah in 1935. It is the best example on campus of the “natural house” in the shingle style found in the Berkeley Hills. In 1953 the structure was moved to its present site along the bluffs. The new location puts Radford as close to the Chapel as it was on its original site. The building now relates well to its neighbor, Buck House.


Maybeck at Principia Anderson Hall Brooks House Buck House Howard House Rackham Court Sylvester House
Chapel Mistake House Morey Field House Radford House Watson Building